Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What to wear? What to wear? What to wear?

Is it blog etiquette to talk politics, or at the very least fashion in politics? Talk about serious pressure!!!! Can you imagine the stress of trying to pick out what to wear knowing you will be photographed from every possible angle? My personal opinion is that post election night the fashion police or fashion-aid from the White House (do they have one of those?) Got their hands on her and went to work. I can't imagine the price tag on the dresses worn today. I'm all for the First Lady looking good, but the dollar amount would probably feed a small US family for a year. As for myself I was sorely tempted to wear black (for mourning) today. I looked at all the media coverage of the cheering crowds and the happy people and I thought," That is not me today, this is what it feels like to NOT have your guy win." I opted for all brown instead of black, because I have to have a ray of hope. I actually do pray that, my gut is wrong and all those thousands of people (including the very liberal media) are right; that he will go down as the best President Ever. Heaven knows this country needs it. You may not have my vote President Obama but my prayers are with you.


Even her beloved media called this a disaster dress. "she had a temporary lapse in judgement" I liked her dress..love the glovesThis was my 'fave' of the day
front of the dressback of the dress

Dress in motion..

4 comments:

Carey Underwood said...

Love this post.

The White House said...

thanks for the update because I didnt watch any of it. Maybe just being a rebel, but all over the news this morning was the fashion comments on her dress. I wanted to see it so thanks

Steph said...

I liked everything she wore yesterday, BUT the funny thing is while we were watching them Lane said there is ....(won't say) and spider women. I said who? Why did you call her that? He said that black and red dress she wore that one time! I didn't think he even paid attention to stuff like that!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I couldn't agree more:)