Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Can January PLEASE be OVER?


I've started getting up at 4:59 to get to the gym by 5:30. At the same time I thought I would take a challenge from my brother and give up Diet Coke for the month of January...... Bad combination.........
SERIOUSLY WHAT WAS I THINKING?
By 10:00am my body is craving caffeine and or a nap.
I have caved on the Diet Coke twice (ok to be honest a few times). Twice because I was about to drive off the road. Once because I was eating Mexican, I can NOT eat Mexican without a coke and this last time because I was sitting down to lunch with my co-travel rep and I just plain WANTED ONE! Those of you who are serious about your soda know that not all diet coke is created equal. McDonalds typically has good Diet Coke but even from one Micky D's to another it will taste different. Marketplace grill in SLC by the Old MILL has DIVINE Diet coke. Be sure and ask for the lime. Lunch and the Diet Coke were courtesy of 3M - Thanks Kristen!

ps January only has 3 more DAYS!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH

5 comments:

Steph said...

Ok I'm really thinking this is a sickness! :) Guess Zip Fizz isn't doing it for ya!!!

Carey Underwood said...

I totally agree with the diet coke and Mexican. AND McDonald's is the best. I do have to say though that they need to get the little ball ice. That would make the experience more heavenly! If I made the bet to give up Diet Coke - I would lose in the first few hours! You are a strong chickidee!

Jenny H said...

You had a seriously bad lapse of judgement giving up diet coke.

DO NOT do that to yourself ever again.

(I must say I did not notice your tiredness Monday...just how dang cute and skinny you looked.)

Katy said...

I hear ya...got to LOVE the coke...it gets me through my days!

kristin peterson said...

I am laughing so hard right now cause I was totally on the same page...trying to break the habit (except for with mexican, of course!!) and when I heard you say the words diet coke...I couldn't resist!!!!! And seriously so so so worth it!!!!!!!!