Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Remington

Remy's first 'friend' birthday party. Everyone had a blast. Personally I'm impressed he can climb this thing....for any other kid it's no big deal but for us it's HUGE!
Way to Go Rems!
Pizza faces...I'm keeping these and tormenting them when they're teenagers

Blow baby!
Cooper Remy and Hyatt
Touchdown Steelers! It was the perfect birthday weekend for Rems


This picture is about 2 years old, but it's one of my favorites! It's hard to look at that picture and see that joy and know a week later he was hooked to a life support machine at PCMC that was breathing for him. It's a good reminder to me that we never know what may come. We taped this picture to the head of his bed in the ICU and we became quite popular. Everyone wanted to see that grin. Personally I believe the best is yet to come. I wish for his birthday I could give him a colon or a normal chromosome count. Someday, someday those things be granted him. People say these children only come to special parents. I don't believe that. I believe Remy is special and feel blessed he chose Brian and I as his parents.

4 comments:

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Oh my gosh - that picture IS soooo cute! Love the thumbs up! He is such a sweetie - glad he had a great b-day!

Posh Ideas said...

Happy Birthday Remy! He is so cute.It looks like he had a blast at the Jazz signing.

Ang said...

He is adorable! It looks like he had a great birthday!

Carey Underwood said...

I am all teary eyed looking at Remy's birthday pictures and reading your narration. What an awesome boy you have - and he chose some FABULOUS parents!!!!