Saturday, January 31, 2009

Running Group and Gym Envy

Meet Shmuffy my new 'running group'
I am really trying to kick it into gear. I would love to run with Brian or the girls in the neighborhood etc. but because of my schedule, Brian's schedule and my kidos it just wasn't happening. I felt bad for a bit but decided I had a solution..Shmuffy!!!! About two weeks ago I experienced gym envy or jealousy. My friend was saying that now her youngest child is in school all day she can; get the kids off to school, hit a class at the gym, sometimes even two. I was so envious!!!! How crazy to be jealous of someone else's schedule. I was whining to friend I work with and she said get up at 5:00am and go to the gym. Schedule wise this would work unless Brian is traveling. I love to work-out and I would love to start going back to the gym (usually I just hit our basement) BUT YUCK I hate 5:am and if I wait until my kids are in bed at night I AM WAY TOO TIRED. Deciding the gym envy wasn't getting me anywhere and whining certainly wasn't reducing he number on the scale I am getting up at 4:59 to make the 5:30 class. I am not sure I am in love with it yet but it feels good!

3 comments:

Carey Underwood said...

You go girl! Doing it early and getting it out of the way is the best! Then if you get 10 minutes midday you can take a power nap or go to bed right after your kids.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Good for you! 5:00am is still the middle of the night for me, but all of you early risers are making me feel LAZY!!

Katherine said...

Listen to you!
All I know is that at Cam's baptism you looked SPECTACULAR! So you must be doing something right.