Sunday, January 18, 2009

Simple Things I Love / week #2

I'm going to date myself here. When I was little I LOVED to watch the solid gold dancers was sure that I was going to be a SOLID GOLD dancer when I grew up. My favorite was to play a record (an actual black vinyl record) on the living room stereo as loud as my mother would allow and dance my heart out.

I've discovered two things:
1. Some things are indeed genetic and 2. I never became a Solid Gold dancer but I haven't grown up either.

Brian was out of town this past week and after dinner Tuesday night Zoe asked where my Ipod was, she wanted to DANCE! (My 2yr old asking about an ipod still floors me). I glady ignored the dinner dishes and pretty soon I had the speaker cranked as loud as it would go and all three of my kiddos and I were shaking our booties.




Weeks Brian has to travel are not my favorite. By the time I get to Thursday I am so beyond THRILLED to sit down with a new episode of Grey's Anatomy and veg out. I don't watch a lot of Tv and if I do I'm usually on the spin bike or somehow multi-tasking. Thursday nights from 8-9 is my time to sit and do nothing!!! I LOVE IT

6 comments:

Katy said...

Got to LOVE the "me time". I think it is what keeps me going.

Jenny H said...

Oh, how I heart Greys...I think it is against the law to do anything while watching it btw.

Natalie Winquist said...

Nothing comes in between me & my Grey's! Also- just so you know- I was totally set on becoming a Solid Gold Dancer when I grew up!
Guess I'll have to settle for my own little "living room dance parties" with my kiddos!

Kim said...

Laugh out LOUD! Just last week I was talking about Solid Gold with my sisters. So funny. Television is so different now. Thanks for the memory.

Kelli said...

Hilarious pic. of the Solid Gold dancers! I still remember some of their moves and try to use them on a regular basis (OK not really). But good fun times for sure!

Steph said...

So funny about the Solid Gold Dancers! We so used to watch them and we would always pick which one we were. I think I always wanted to be the African American one with the slicked back hair! :)