Sunday, January 4, 2009

Disney faves

Jedi Training for the BoysMinnie where have you been all my life?

Zoe froze when it came to her favorite Sleeping Beauty
Everyone should take a 'Cass' to Disneyland - Thanks you're the bomb!

Cinderella
All my Monsters!

Dancing downtown Disney
About two weeks before the big trip I tested the surprise waters with Cam and asked him what he thought about going to Disneyland for our next family trip. He told me that would be dumb. So much for thinking I was a 'supercool' mom! He was indeed surprised and excited when we sprung the news on him. Everyone should get to see Disneyland at Christmas. Wow!
My favorite things about this trip:
1. It felt like a dream. Our kids didn't ask for much and we tried to say yes whenever we could. They were the perfect ages to go to Disneyland. Zoe wore her princess dress in the park for two days straight, and cried when we had to take it off at night. It may be the happiest place on earth but it's still a family vacation and there were occasional melt downs. I was so impressed the leader of our pack (Brian) didn't loose his cool once. He did however go a bit pale when he got the bill for dinner with the characters.
2. Cambridge and Remy Jedi training. They loved it. We went back three times. Cam got picked twice. On the third time; Remy kept saying "my turn" "my turn". I hoisted him on my shoulders and they picked him. They allowed me on the stage to help him. After about 5 minutes he gave me a push and said "Go" which was my big hint to get lost.
The Disney cast members did a great job helping him and he got to fight Darth Maul!
3. Everyone should take Remy to Disneyland. After a little persistence Disney gave us a Golden Arrow pass which allows you to enter the exit and get right on the ride = NO LINES. (It doesn't work on every ride...but most). This has to be one of those times without any reservation I was sooo grateful for that extra 21st chromosome.
4. Dancing Downtown Disney - Our first night there we went to Downtown Disney (located just outside the park) There was a guy playing some grooving guitar and a little kid dancing. Remy and Zoe decided to join. I decided to jump in as well. We were laughing dancing our hearts out when I noticed a little down syndrome girl had joined us. I went over to talk to her parents when I turned again two more down syndrome boys had joined our little dance group as well. So Rare! But soooo much fun!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

That sounds like so much fun.
I love the photos of the boys doing the jedi thing and Zoe with her mickey ears.

Steph said...

You always have so many great memorable moments!