Friday, January 23, 2009

Simple Things I love week #3 - Sisters

I grew up with one Sister and she is the BEST! I could go on and on about how much I love Mindy. Since then I've acquired two more. First was Lynette (Matt's wife) I love Lynette because she is always so willing to help out...with ANYTHING. She is the greatest with my kids, and I think the dishes at the cabin would never get done without her. Jana is my newest sister. She is like a little ray of sunshine. She is sporty and fun and I love to be around her.

When I started this project the rule was; the simple love or the joy I was blogging about had to actually occur the week of the post. I was having an issue this week, and I simply didn't know what to do. I called Mindy, and in the middle of her hundreds of meetings this week, and the mountains of stress she is dealing with, she imparted some lovely advice. The minute she told me what to do, and what to say, I felt instant peace. Mindy is the best at advice on almost anything ...Seriously I should give out her number and you should call her! Just don't tell her where you got the number. And I did mention to her she needed to start charging for her advice, so there might be a small fee involved.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

You are the best!! I LOVE YOU! I am so blessed by your love, your humor, your spunk, and your generosity. You simply amaze me. Thank you for always being there for me. And ditto on our cute sister additions. Love and appreciate you Lynette and Jana!

Steph said...

Amen to sisters and you of all people know how I feel about sisters!!! I feel bad for people who don't have them. No one could love you like a sister.....except for a good friend LIKE YOU!!!!:)

Melinda said...

Oh and one more comment for posterity...this particular pic was taken at our temple sealing this past June. And when I was showing my friends at work the pics from the happy day - they all, consistently, thought that I had a beautiful group of women in my family -AND they all thought Mom was a sister - not the Mom. So, kudos to Mom for looking awesome. But more importantly, thank you Mom for being more than a mom. You are a sister, a friend, and our head cheerleader. Thank you for always listening and for always believing in us. We love you!

Mark and Jana said...

This post made me shed a little tear. You are the best, like Mindy says! I am so lucky to have you as a sis-in-law. The roylance woman truly are amazing and I am so glad to be in the family. And to have 3 more sisters. You can never have too many sisters. Love ya.