Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away!




I've told a couple of people it seems lately 'when it rains it pours' In the last ten days lots of stressful things have hit all at once. Maybe things come in three's, whatever, I should have kept my mouth shut about the raining and pouring comment. For months we have had this trip planned to Bryce Canyon to do some four-wheeling. Its conference weekend and call me crazy but I think there are big reasons we get a break from traditional church every 6 months. It's a 5.5 hour road trip with lunch and potty stops. The kids were great! We got there and it rained and rained and rained and rained and rained. Did I mention it RAINED and it was COLD!!! The four-wheelers never came off the trailer. It was fun to spend time with just the kids and Bryce Canyon was beautiful even in the freakin RAIN!

7 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

We missed you at dinner tonight! Sorry about the rain, but it looks like you had fun anyway. Good memories for the kids.

Jenny H said...

The rain sucks...but, I bet your kids loved it all!
I am dying for a little mountain getaway, we'll see if we get to it.
I hope your sister is feeling better and a little less stressed with your dad off her property. I am sorry you have had such a month of craziness, I hope it slows down some for you.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Wups. Why won't it let you edit your comments. I was just trying to fix a misspelling. Hmmm.

Anyway...
Ditto what M&J said. Missed you guys last night at dinner. I had a dream Saturday night that you guys were totally rained out (not much of a stretch - I know), but that you came back early and had dinner with us. Guess I was half right. Looks like it was fun.

Kelli said...

Mellie! I'm so glad you left me a comment-thanks for that. I'm so happy to see you and your cute family! I can't believe how big they are getting! Where does the time go? And I'm excited to keep up with the many goings on in your life. You're a great blogger. I admit that I cried at reading some of your posts (and laughed too). That's a sign of a truly good blogger, making people laugh AND cry at the same time,wow you're good! :)
Loves!

Katherine said...

I'm sorry about the rain. It sounds like you made the most of it, in typical Melanie "positiveness" :)

Natalie Winquist said...

Well, well Miss Betty Crocker/G.I. Jane/Supermom, aren't you busy??!!! Sorry to hear about the rain- but way to be a true trooper about it all! Wish you had better weather for your get-away! You deserve a break for heaven's sake! Take a deep breath & give yourself a big pat on the back- you are amazing!!