Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cam the Birthday Man



My baby is 8 today! I can not believe it. I was bemoaning the fact that my boy is so big and my friend Steph pointed out how much she loves watching her daughter grow up. I love it to, I'm just afraid I'm going to blink and this blog will have a picture of him going on his mission...(can you imagine what blogging will be like in 11 years...who knows). I think every parent wants their kid to be great at everything they do. As I watch Cambridge try new things and develop certain skills I'm not sure if it's harder on him or me. You find some things they are great at and some they are not. I'm also finding that as your child grows you start to see more things they do exactly like you, or exactly like your husband, and some you're not sure where they picked up. The other day he asked me if when he went to College if he could live there? Could he take his play station? Could he keep his room as messy as he wanted? And last but not least could he have Crazy Parties??? What the......?

I never want my blog to be a brag session but I have to use this day to say; these are some great things about my very cool Cambridge: He is not shy, he will get up in front of people and talk without hesitation. He is funny. He is great at video games. He loves superheros. He still loves gloves and costumes (this started at a very early age). He will try almost any sport. He is a red belt in Karate. He currently plays goalie for his comp soccer team. He takes great care and is very protective of his brother and sister. He can handle a moderate to difficult ATV trail and can ski a black diamond. Last but not least he loves his mom (and dad) and is not too big or too cool to give me a snuggle and a kiss.

Thank you Heavenly Father for sending me this very precious spirit.

4 comments:

Natalie Winquist said...

"Hey you"- or Mel-yay- or just Cute Woman- whatever name you may answer to :0)- just wanted to say: way cute pics of the pumpkin patch with you & the kiddos- you look like a babe! And you have every reason to brag! Whether they're 8 or 18- they are still amazing, still terrific, & STILL our babies!!! You're right- he's pretty amazing! Happy bday Cam!!

Jenny H said...

Happy to Birthday to Cambridge!
Birthdays are always a little sad for me too...feels like it is one year closer to them slipping away. I always love celebrating them and letting them just let loose.
To answer your question about the pumpking patch on my blog - it was at Black Island Farms in Syracuse. Gorgeous at sunset.

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday Cambridge!
Your kids always deserve a little bragging - even if it does rub off on you and Brian and the AMAZING parents that you are!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Cutie Cambridge! They are growing up fast - I can't believe it. What good talents he has - hmm, could be a good match for Kendalyn eh?!?!