Monday, October 13, 2008

Go bloggers go!




My Great-Grandfather George Newby Roylance - their small cabin after the weber/farmington flood

My Great-Grandmother Margaret Storey Roylance

While in Oregon I took sat down to read my Dad's family history. At some point in your life suddenly this stuff becomes cool to look at (probably a sign of age). I was so touched by the history especially the stuff that was written in their own hand. I knew that my great-grandfather was an alcoholic, but I never knew his drinking started with the death of his 5yr old daughter. Reading my great grandmothers reaction to the death of her daughter and how she coped through her grief was inspirational. It made me think about blogging. I never been a great journal writer. I have several journal-books I have started and it goes well for about 2 weeks and then the next entry is about a year later. (so much for that!) This blogging thing seems to be going a little better. So for all of you bloggers out there (that I check on) thanks for living in my computer, and sharing your lives, YOU inspire me.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow the Roylance look is so apparent. I see Mark in that photo of your grandmother. I love looking at old photos, especially when you can see the resemblance.

Matt said...

Mel,
Did Dad have those pictures? Are they in a book? I assume Mindy is keeping those safe? I'll have to check out that family history when I go up there next week.

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

I know that is what sold me on blogging...I love that you can print it off and keep it as a journal/scrapbook. I love it! I love reading yours...it is always so uplifting! :) You are so great Mel!