Sunday, March 1, 2009

Would it be weird if.......?

I'm going out on a limb here; this is the Internet and I don't know who is reading this, and it could become way embarrassing but here goes.....
To quote John Bytheway, " It can take the wrong one to be the right one that leads you to the eternal one." I totally believe this. To all the men I've loved before.....thank you, because I definitely landed with the 'right' eternal one. That being said, this coming weekend I have one of my clients using my cabin for his family retreat. I could start singing, "it's a small world after all"; I compete in business with his one son, his son-in-law I know from WSU, and his other son I dated. All in all......very cool family. But, when you know someone that you once dated, is coming with his wife and kids to your cabin; is it weird? I wanted to run around the cabin and hide any pictures of me that weren't my 'best' and as I made all the beds with fresh sheets, wondering where they were all going to sleep, I wanted to hang a sign on the door that said, "PLEASE NO HANKY PANKY!!!" It's just toooo much to think about.

3 comments:

The White House said...

You just crack me up. Hey your lover is going a little gray!!!! I cant believe it. Yeah I would want to say that to.

Steph said...

I think this is so funny cause it happens to you often! It was when you were on your dating binge!!! You know else who I'm talking about!!!

Kim said...

LOL! Isn't that a funny coincidence? I find myself ducking behind stacks of canned veggies in the grocery store when I see certain "past" boyfriends. (...usually if I have children with me whose faces and clothes look like I picked them out of the gutter before we came shopping, which usually I did.) And for the quote, someone (I forget who) told that to John after a tough break-up once. He remembered it as "the wrong one is the right one to lead you to the best one." I'm glad you've held on to that!!! Love you...and your blog. Always a fun read!