Thursday, March 5, 2009

"On it like Blue Bonnet"

I've completely stolen this expression from my friend Katie. When she first said it, I laughed and thought, I am going to have to borrow that. I grew up with a lot of Blue Bonnet at my house so somehow it fits in my life. Tuesday I was completely 'on it like blue bonnet' or in other words I sooo had my 'game on'. From the 4:59 alarm to the gym to the crock pot dinner and kids breakfast made by 7:00 am, email checked, scriptures read, etc. etc. etc. etc. I got to the end of the day feeling proud I had checked off all the to-do boxes. It was good to get all that stuff done, but it made me realize, I couldn't live everyday like that, because I really didn't enjoy it.
Enjoy the journey and live the dream!



3 comments:

Steph said...

I'll remind you of this!

Katherine said...

How could you not enjoy it! It sounds like my nirvana!
I, too, grew up with Blue Bonnet and all I can say is that it has a much lower melting point that the real thing (butter) - so I would say you are more like butter because you don't seem to have "melt downs" near as much as some of us!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Nice - I really like that phrase! I'll miss ya in Primary - but ENJOY your Sundays for awhile eh!!!