Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pillow Talk

I don't think I"ll be saving this post for future generations, and will probably delete it sooner than later. That being said why am I even posting? Because I have pregnancy induced insomnia. I even tried warm milk tonight because the pump class teacher swore it was not just an old wives tale. GAG! Does not work I guess, if you can't get it down.
As stated earlier I am not a morning sick girl. I am an evening sick girl. The later the time the worse it gets. Thus I have taken to going to bed at unusually early hours 10, 9, even as early as 8:30. My reasoning is that if I'm asleep I won't feel miserable. Tonight I'm was in bed by 8:30. I have been feeling some stress about my lesson for RS next week. I read the lesson, the scriptures and was feeling zero inspiration so I watched the end of Brothers and Sisters. I never watch that show but in case you do Kitty's cancer is in remission and her very cute husband decided to not run for Governor, yay for them. The news came on next and I never watch the news because it reminds me there are real crazies in the world. Did you hear about the guy in Florida that murdered four family members at Thanksgiving dinner. Who knew you needed to come packing heat for Thanksgiving Dinner! Indy finally came to bed and this is how the pillow talk went.
Indy: I just paid bills and the T-mobile bill is messed up
me: What's wrong with it? (I was just about to fall asleep)
Indy: It says we have an extra $280 in usage charges
me: WHAT??
Indy: Don't worry about it we can look at it in the morning..
I am now wide awake so I lay there for about 2 minutes, can't handle it and go get the bill. We looked at it realized in November we had a lot to say by about 1000 minutes over the plan OUCH! back to the pillow talk -
remember I'm now wide awake and trying to keep the nausea at bay.
me: Do you remember what that guy at the hotel Monaco check in said to us that was so funny?
Indy: nope that was over a year ago
silence
Indy: now what are you thinking?
me: about plans and planning and the plan of salvation
silence
Indy: now what are thinking?
me: about President Jones and his theory.
Indy: This is why you have weird dreams because you think all these different random thoughts before falling asleep. Since hopping into bed I've thought about one thing and one thing only....
me: Babe I would love to help you but my head is swimming and the longer I lay here awake the more I want to puke.
Indy: I know I'll be fine.

OK he is either a really great husband or I am an awful wife...one of the two.

9 comments:

Steph said...

Have to say you gave me a good morning LOL!!!!! Thanks!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

hahaha - seriously, that was too funny!! I'm pretty sure I've had almost the exact "pillow talk"!!!

Jenny H said...

That is hillarious. You've got a good one...
I've been up since 3:00 am btw, just Jenny induced insomnia. It isn't fun.

Katherine said...

I made Rich read it because I know he and Brian are having the same thoughts :)
I laughed because Rich, at first glance, thought the photo was of Brian. Nothing like having Cary Grant mistaken for your husband!

Andrea said...

That is so funny!!!! Do not delete that post because every wife in America can get a good laugh from that!
Hang in there, your little Noah will make all of your awful barfing worth it!

. said...

What a sweet husband. I love it. i agree you need to keep that post you will laugh at it years to come.

Erik Isakson said...

I live by my mom's cabin sign "Good Morning Let the stress begin".
They say to count your blessings at night vs. your worries. I've tried it all but the one thing I found I can count on is Tylennol pm--and yes, even when you're pregnant. I usually take 1/4 or 1/2 of a pill (the whole pill makes me too sleepy). Then I wake up ready for the stress to begin. hah

Erik Isakson said...

Ps That was Jennille again, not Erik

Lisa said...

You are hilarious-really. I love pillow talk-the movie and between me and hubby, except when it involves a bill like that. I really feel for ya with the whole pukey business, that just sucks....