Thursday, January 14, 2010

Here's Your Sign


NO SILKIES with JEANS
Or in this case My Sign. I did a not so smart thing the other day. I went to the Buckle to buy a new pair of jeans (my 1 and only pair had holes in the inseam). The great thing about jeans sitting lower on your hips is you can wear them further into maternity. I bought a pair that was a size bigger than normal and let the cashier know this WAS not my normal size I was 4 mo. pregnant. (She could have cared less, I know I'm vain.) I had to fly to Dallas on Tuesday and decided to wear my new jeans. Here comes the problem... When I am pregnant I don't get a cute round basket-ball sitting on my pelvis, my waist disappears and I get really thick around my entire middle, back and sides included, it's awesome. Back to the jeans...These jeans sit on your hips when you have hips, but when your waist becomes as big as your hips, you no longer have hips for the jeans to sit on. This particular day I chose to wear my silky G's. As jeans sometimes do they became looser throughout the day. By the time I got to the airport I was desperately afraid I was going to raise my arms for the security pat down and I would loose my pants. NOTE to self: do not wear the silkies with low cut jeans when pregnant = bad combination.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I had this problem my ENTIRE pregnancy AND with maternity pants too. I seriously condsidered investing in suspenders! I too get the spread not the cute little basketball belly, so I feel ya and you have my condolences! Hang in there!

Nicole M said...

I'm laughing so hard because the same thing happened to me the other day...I was at the store when Mikayla demanded I pick her up...when I did, my pants fell! I blame partly on the silk and partly on the stretchy jeans that I'm not a fan of.