Wednesday, January 20, 2010

CHECK it out...

I've always heard the advice check your credit rating once a year from each of the 3 credit agencies. I've never done it. I pay my bills, why worry? I went to www. annualcreditreport.com. It's way easy to do and as long as you keep clicking on the free option it won't cost you any money. Little did I know there were two collection agencies on my report claiming unpaid bills. I had never heard of these agencies and the billing information dated back to 2006. It turns out that when we moved in the summer of 2006 some mail didn't get forwarded and thus got sent to collection. The collection companies had incorrect contact information and thus I never knew I was sent to collection. So LEARN from my mistake and check your credit report.

No comments: