Friday, August 22, 2008

The Mechanics of our Lives

I have no photo to go with this but I literally mean the mechanical things in my life. I write this blog or journal for my sake and the sake of my posterity. I wish I had volumes of journals of my mothers my mothers mother and her mother to read, but I don't. I wish I knew the everyday things, the hard things, and the things that they loved. This morning as we loaded the trailer I watched Brian lower the trailer hitch with a motorized switch. (That beats the heck out of hand cranking). I just hopped of the treadmill which can simulate a hill so that I have the convenience of getting my workout in at 10:00 at night after my kids are in bed. I can talk with friends via txt and email within split seconds. I can't imagine trying to explain to my Grandmother Grace or Louise when they were young mothers....that this is what their grand-daughter would be doing.

No comments: