Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4 doors down

I was standing in my kitchen yesterday afternoon and I heard sirens, lots of sirens. I thought man, those sound close. The phone rang and Indy said the neighbors four doors down had their house marked off with yellow tape and had full scale emergency vehicles out front. I walked outside and looked up UofU life-flight was circling. My neighbors started pouring out of their houses. What could have happened? Nice family 3 kids, the dad is full service military and had just deployed on June 4th. It was their son. Their 15 year old boy that hung out with good friends all weekend and had just said the prayer in Sunday School the day before. Shot himself. His friends found him and started CPR. They life-flighted him and did Surgery to keep him stable on life-support until his Dad could get there. The note said something about feeling like a failure and that he could never measure up. Why and How? How does a 15 year old boy that is loved and supported by a good family and great friends feel that way? My heart is so full. Our neighborhood took flowers over to plant in their yard and lay at their doorstep. Our hearts and prayers are with them.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: