Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sweet n' Sour Valentines




The SWEET - Friday evening we celebrated the February birthdays and Valentines at my mom house. As usual the decor rocked! I'm sure the grand kids have no clue how much time and effort she puts into thsese parties. I think she hit 6 stores to obtain all of the kid's valentines plates. It was perfect! Yes mother, presentation is everything!

The SOUR - Friday ind the middle of the craziness...getting ready for the princess party, valentines, and GKAS... the school called, and Cambridge was sick. He missed the party and by Saturday he was running a fever of 103. By Saturday night he was "barfing" (his term) and by Sunday morning Brian has joined the red hot puking crew. Definitely not our most romantic Valentines!

11 comments:

Katherine said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - your mom ought to be in business for table scapes....there are dinner parties everywhere in need of her help!
Sorry about the puke! Let's hope it spreads no further...

Jenny H said...

I am sorry you guys are sick. Hopefully it will be done todya, and no one else will get it!
Your mom's party looks beautiful...I am in awe at her creativity. I can see where you get it from, because Zoe's party was so dang cute.
After seeing how much you did to help those kids yesterday, I am feeling kinda bad I rubbed it in with the pie. Next time, hopefully I will be able to bring you home a piece without having it sit in the car all day....

Steph said...

Mel that is awful! Sorry it wasn't so great! But tell your mother she out did herself again!!!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Wow - your mom is somthing else! Sorry about the yuckies coming to your house - we missed Cambridge at the party at school! Hope you are all feeling better soon:)

Matt said...

Yes, Nana kicks a$$. Most people will never know. ;-)

Grant and Alli said...

Wow! your Mom really should start her own business..So cute! Hope you guys get feeling better:)

Andrea said...

That is one of the most beautiful Valentine's tables I have ever seen! I think food must taste so much better on a table like that.

Carey Underwood said...

I want to be like your mom! Please tell her she is so amazing and I am jealous!!!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

oh no.. first of all. The table decor is amazing! That's too bad you had a sick house. Glad you had a little fun!

amysue said...

I freaking had kidney stones for valentines day!!!

margaret said...

I want you to know I read and love your blog. I have been aware for years the excess and details involved when Linda is participating. I have always felt a little derelict for not living up to the standards and being one of the tea queens. To know her is to love her!