Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I think Satan was sittting on my shoulder today.


So much for being positive....I don't use 'Hate' a whole lot. In fact we try not to use it at all at our house. Today started off great. The blessed psycho scale is down 5lbs from yesterday. New low by a pound. I did great until dinner. I 'hate' it when I'm not prepared, thus we ended up at Training Table and I have no resistance when it comes to their cheese fries. Second stop Walmart to buy valentines and candy. The Dove dark chocolates were calling my name, I 'hate' it when I give into temptation. Next stop Katie's cousins jean party...I hate all girls that have a size 2 maybe a size4 bum that looks WAy cute in trendy pocket jeans. I couldn't find a single pair I liked on my bum. Last stop my house. I happened to be wearing a short sleeve shirt as I carried in groceries. I caught a side glimpse of cottage cheese on my upper arms I HATE COTTAGE CHEESE on my arms. Seriously want to give up. I HATE it when I feel this way.

p.s. (I don't really 'hate' those girls.... just jealous of their bums and genetics. At 5'11 it's just not going to happen for me.)

p.s.s. Don't anyone DARE lie and comment "oh Mel you look great" I'll smack ya! I'm not fishing for kudos, but maybe looking for comments as to what you do when you feel this way...Or maybe it's just me?

4 comments:

Steph said...

So funny you posted this I just gave YW lesson on finding JOY! I told them about how Savannah was telling me she didn't "like this and that" about herself and I hugged her and told her that it made me, and I'm sure Heavenly Father feel bad when she does this cause we think she is PERFECT! I think he feels bad when we don't like what he's given us! What do you think?

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

You are so funny! I have to say it...You look great! Realize that and it will help make it easier to keep going and stay motivated! Just a little at a time! Give yourself a treat occasionally too! Cheese fries maybe?

Katherine said...

You hit a low on the scale - REJOICE! Reject all the rest.

And you are right - you will never be a size 4 at 5'11" - flip it around. You may not be 5'4" and a size 4, but your height looks AMAZING in an 8 or 10. Imagine your 5'4" friends at a size 10. They would look horrible! They probably hate that you can wear a larger size and still turn heads (you do!) What I'm saying is that you are just right! (and I bet at 5'11" we get to snack more than they do because there is more of us for that dove chocolate to hide) Allelujia...however the heck you spell it.

Jenny H said...

This is the time to work harder, and know you will feel better.
But, that's easier said than done. I have been feeling pretty crappy about myself as well lately, as my scale upped itself about five pounds - and my age is becoming apparent. I gripe about having no time to workout, and everyone else does. (but I don't have any excuse for my crazy eating.) So...I decided to cut my hair and workout at home. One change was immediate and hopefully the other will come. Your dilligence is definetly paying off physically, it's just need an adjustment of those dumb thoughts we as women allow ourselves to have. (Please don't smack me...but you had a cute pocket pair of jeans on last time I saw you and your butt looked fabulous.)