Sunday, February 8, 2009

Potty progress and the kidneys of a camel


Have you ever wanted to just give up!!! By Thursday of last week I was ready to bag the potty training. My darling little princess has the kidneys of a camel. She can hold it longer than any other kid I know. She didn't like the potty so she was refusing to go. NOT just refusing but any time we were waiting in the bathroom for her to go she would start crying and screaming her head off. Friday morning we went to the doctor because I thought she might have a u.t.i. mmm NO just a stubborn streak. I was ready to throw in the towel, even the Dr. suggested giving up and trying in a few more weeks. Brian said to give it one more day.. and see. Zoe wanted to go shopping after returning from the doctor's office. I took her over to Toys R US. At this point we've already tried prizes, pretty panties, potty trophies, you name it. I let her walk through the store and pick out whatever she wanted as a potty prize. She picked a princess scooter and I told her she could have it BUT There is no more crying in potty training!!!! It worked! We have not reached perfection but we are on our way!

No comments: