Monday, February 2, 2009

Death by Potty Training


It's all about options. She is sitting on one training seat and is using the other (never used) one as a crown or new age visor. I AM EXHAUSTED!!!!!! Day one of potty training was killer. 6 misses and 2 on target. I have a pile of wet laundry waiting for me and have been running around with the spot shot for the carpet. First thing this morning I flooded her with every beverage I could find. We sat in the bathroom for 2 FREAKING hours, we sang songs, we told stories, we had snacks.....and NOTHING! I let her take a break set the timer for ten minuets and tried again..Nothing set the timer for 10 minutes and at 6 minutes while I wasn't looking she went. And thus was our day... I tried taking her every 10, every 15, every 30 minutes...NO NO and NO. We had prizes, I did a royal happy dance when she did go, and she cried and cried. Every time I didn't pay attention for two seconds she tinkled in her pants. She said tonight, "Mommy I want to be done potty training." Me to sister, me too!




6 comments:

Katherine said...

I love your summary! We ALL want to be done with potty training!

The White House said...

this just made me laugh, I hate this part of being a mom.

Rebecca and Nick said...

I am so not looking forward to that! And it's time to start.

Grant and Alli said...

Melanie I love ya, you make me laugh so hard!!! I am sooo not looking forward to this.. you'll need to give me some good tips in the future:)

Lori Conger said...

Okay, I've got a solution for both of us. I'll teach Zoee how to pee in the potty if you teach Boston how to poop in the potty.:) I just keep reminding myself "this too shall pass," but the question that always follows is, "when?". I love your blog. How do you have time to post so often? You're amazing!

Natalie Winquist said...

Like we talked about in the car the other morning- it's so tuff cause it's SO up to them! And darn if they're not stubborn!! keep it up-- it'll happen & then we'll go celebrate with a coke for ya! also- way to be so awesome about the 5 am wake up calls for the gym! you're keeping me somewhat faithful!! u da best!