Monday, February 1, 2010

"just LET GO!"

This was Pie's third try out on the ski hill. Last week I put her in a lesson and then I took her out myself. After a terrible run with me down LittleCat and her telling me, "You're not doing it like teacher!" She finally said, "Just let go mom!" and she was off and skiing on her own. I was amazed how much better she did when I let her do it on her own. Hmmm lesson for life maybe?


There are not many things about Down Syndrome that are cheap. Snowbasin just started an adaptive ski program and its actually affordable. OH HAPPY DAY! Bless this guys heart for working with Sport because I would give up; Ed has a serious amount of patience. Sport complains the ENTIRE time but when he is done he says, "I DID IT!" and has a gigantic grin on his face. His next words are, "All done, fries mom" Which means it's time to hit the lodge

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Okay, that is THE cutest thing to see those two on skis!!! I'm glad they make that affordable for Sport - he'll probably be one of the best in a few years....btw, his talk on Sunday was so GOOD - I could hear every word clear and he was SO proud - loved it!!

Jenny H said...

Blair mentioned to me about that adaptive ski program after "home teaching" next week. It looks awesome. Ab is begging to ski...guess I need to learn too.

Kelli said...

Two things:
The Pie's ski attire is SO cute! I love it!
And Sport is so funny (his attire is quite dashing as well)! That's how I am when I ski, OK I'm done time to eat?

CUTE kids!