Friday, February 26, 2010

Going to Jail?


Ok so I have a lead foot. I like to go fast. I spend a lot of time driving for work and then I get to come home and do the mom taxi. I have a very clean record except for twice in the last 4 weeks I've been caught. The second time was completely not my fault. I was intentionally only going 5 over. The problem,the nice Wyoming cop informed me is that it's a 65mph zone not 75 mph. In addition to that he didn't even have sympathy for me when I told him I was 5 1/2 months pregnant and really really needed a potty! As he is writing the ticket and checking his handy dandy computer, I'm PRAYING the computer doesn't show I have a ticket currently sitting in my purse that I kind of forgot to mail in the payment for..... My prayers were answered and he didn't haul me to jail and I made it to New Beginnings in Thayne on time. (barely) This was last Sunday. I paid both tickets Monday. Today Indy was opening the mail to find the Wyoming ticket returned because they don't take out of state checks. Master happened to be standing close by asked Indy what he was opening.

Indy " A ticket, mom has been speeding again. If she's not careful she's going to go to jail.

Sounding much too excited for my liking Master yells: "PIE GUESS WHAT........MOM IS GOING TO JAIL!!!!" Pie was playing with two neighbor girls who I'm sure, promptly went home to tell their families that Sister Bingham was going to jail. SUPER!

4 comments:

The Rich's said...

I totally understand!!! I have had a few tickets in the last 2 years. Now Sam really understands what the cops are all about. She told Ben I got pulled over cause I was going to fast.

Bentleys said...

You and my Mom could go to jail together! You girls and your lead foots!! ;)

Steph said...

You did such a GREAT job it was worth it I hope!!! Thank you again. I am still having several parents and girls telling me what a great job you did!! Thank you Thank you!!!

Jenny H said...

Way to liven up the neighborhood gossip circle. I've needed a good one:)
Glad you are a free woman now!!!