Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dentist or OBgyn


For five months now I have put off the yearly OBgyn visit. I finally went today and as I am stepping on the scale the medical assistant asks me if I'm doing anything 'fun today'? I replied,
"No just working". She says, "well you're here that's a fun thing today" I laugh. She then says, "Well any place is better than the dentist." hmmm ok if you know me. You know I walk in and out of 12 to 15 different dental practices a day. I actually like dental offices. I like having my own teeth cleaned. I don't even mind the drill or the shot (I do hate being numb after). So as I have my feet in the stirrups I think to myself Dentist or OB? Dentist thanks! What about you?
p.s. I actually really like by OBgyn - she rocks! But I would still prefer to have my teeth cleaned.

7 comments:

Katherine said...

I hit the OB yesterday and the dentist today - so I ought to have an opinion, right?
I'd say dentist, but the assistant today TICKED ME OFF with his rough teeth cleaning. It almost makes me say OB...
I said almost...

Steph said...

DENTIST FOR SURE!!!! The whole scale and and legs in the air and .... YUCK!!!!!

Posh Ideas said...

Ohh. I'm going to go against the trend here and say OB. Strange I know. The thought of going to get drilled makes me physically ill. I don't love a visit to the gyno but it's physically less agonizing.

JENNILLE said...

Funny post. I'd have to say I agree w/ your nurse. I hate going to the dentist. I don't hate dentists :)
Just...mouths are so sensitive.
Thanks for your blog comment support ;)

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Ooh - that one is a toss-up for me! But I think the dentist might win out - too funny Mel!!!!

Andrea said...

dentist for sure!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

haha! Neither! I would actually rather have a baby then go to the dentist! Luckily, the past 4 years i've only needed a cleaning but I still HATE the dentist!