Friday, November 7, 2008

Thankful #6 and #7

I am grateful for my mom and for her help. I wanted to throw a simple baby shower for my Nanny Jessica and her friends and I knew simple doesn't really exist for my mother and presentation is EVERYTHING! I should have run to SLC to get the stuff but she trekked out to my house after she got off work just to help me.
The main table


Here comes the creativity...These tv trays or lap-trays are actually the flats that bedding plants come in. They are spray painted white and doubled up for stability...then draped with matching napkins and ribbons. She actually made them years ago, they've come in handy a few times.These are my disasters! They are supposed to be cute LITTLE heart cookies. Thinking I could cut corners and save time I bought the Pillsbury ready made doe to roll out into cute little hearts frosted with pale blue icing..Thanks for nothing 'doe-boy'
I'll make new ones in the morning they will 'hopefully' be perfect.


5 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

You and your mom always throw fabulous parties. Jessica is lucky you are the one giving her a shower. Oh how i wish i had your talent. I mean talents. Luv ya.

Kelli said...

Leave it to your mom to make bedding plant trays beautiful and practical-who would've ever thought of that besides Linda? Very cute shower! And I'm sure you're cookies were perfect! Looks like fun!

07Nielsens said...

Thanks Mel, It was great!!! You are a wonderful "Boss" and Friend.

Katy said...

Leave it to Linda!!! So glad you have a blog. It is so fun to see you cute family!

Jenny H said...

Now I know where you get all your awesomeness from!! I do have to agree with your mom about the presentation...your showed looked fantastic.