Sunday, November 2, 2008

Baptism


This was a big day for Cambridge. We talk about families being together forever; in order for that to happen everyone has to do their part. I am so grateful Cambridge made his first step in our family being together forever. I am also grateful Brian holds the priesthood to perform this ordinance. The side note would be; all morning long as we ran around getting ready Cambridge was singing, "I like big butts I can not lie..hmm hmm hmm hmm " I think he was a bit keyed up about the day. I kept asking him to sing I am a child of God, or any primary song he could think of, but Big Buts won out. Thanks Shrek (Donkey sings it in Shrek 2)

We a had a special suprise visitor. My dad drove all the way from Portland to be here just for Cambridge's baptism.
Special thanks also to Uncle Owen who flew in from SanFrancisco.
We are grateful to all of our friends and family for coming out and supporting us this day.
We love you!



11 comments:

Steph said...

What a cute, fun family! How great that your Dad came!

Brooke said...

Congrats to Cambridge! He looks so old! Also I love everyone's costumes! They are awesome! Go Steelers!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Congrats Cambridge! We saw ALL the fam coming home from the baptism as we were leaving - it looked so fun! BTW, LOVED your kids costumes and you as Gov. P. - so funny...

Jenny H said...

I am so glad your Dad came...it made me emotional thinking of that for you and your family.
What an awesome day...big butts and all:)

amysue said...

Love your blog, your family is adorable and I loved the Sarah Palin costume

Lori Conger said...

What a special day! I'll always remember Hallee's baptism day as one of the best ones of my life. I appreciated your testimony Sunday, too. Thanks for sharing.

07Nielsens said...

YES I'm going to make it on sat!!! Besides I have way to much to do that day and sunday to not stay prego. The Baptism was great!!!

Katherine said...

Love the picture of the family! You are too beautiful and too photogenic and your family is beautiful and you get so much accomplished - like pulling off Halloween, a baptism, a luncheon and sharing time all in the same weekend. Really...what is your secret?

It was great seeing you. Lunch next time I'm in town - K?

Nicole M said...

Hey Melanie! I didn't even know you had a blog! Thanks for leaving a comment. Congrats to Cambridge...you all look so great. Jennille's email is jsenergy@hotmail.com
Great to hear from you!

The Miles said...

Hi Mel...just and FYI... I am going to make my blog private so if you don't mind sending me your email address I will invite ya to my blog...my address is kdmiles07@hotmail.com...thanx

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

congrats! Melanie, I didn't know you guys had a blog. Nicole told me. It's so fun to see what you guys are up to and to see your cute family grow! our blog is private so email me so I can add you! beckydupaix at hotmail dot com