Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The order of 'things'

Over the last 10 days all 3 of my kids have tested positive for Strep. They of course decided to share with their mother. In addition I also somehow picked up a nasty cold and even more nasty cough. Lucky for me my OB took pity on me and prescribed an antibiotic. The drug is on the 'lighter' side and is taking a good amount of time to work. Today was my first day back to a full day of work. I had a long lunch meeting where I was doing my best to hold in my cough and not hack all over the people. **The problem with coughing when you're 9 months pregnant and you have a deep nasty cough is that based on experience ( the past couple of days) I start coughing, can't stop and either end up puking or peeing my pants.

I left the meeting...
needing to REALLY cough. A drink would help BUT
I really needed to go pee.
I felt nauseated so I needed to EAT something.
BUT if I ate something it might make me cough.
If I ate before I coughed, I might then puke what I just ate
OR
If I coughed, I might go pee before I actually got to a potty.
WHICH TO DO FIRST?

I found the closest cleanest looking Chevron and headed for the Potty!
Seriously I am ready to be DONE with being sick and DONE with being preggers!

5 comments:

only_human said...

well, i'm hoping the rides this weekend don't expedite the delivery of that precious package... i'm not licensed yet so no early deliveries on the trail!

Matt said...

Sounds like you just need to go sit on the potty and have a bucket on your lap, and never leave until you go into labor. :-)
Sorry for your illness. I'm trying to shake my cough before my surgery this week. Hernia surgery and coughs don't mix.

Lori Conger said...

How funny! I can just imagine you in that predicament. Good thing you can laugh about it. And you've almost made it. And did I mention, you look great? Hang in there--your baby will be here before you know it.

Katherine said...

What a funny post. I've been there - just no business clients around requiring to hold it ALL in!

Kelli said...

Poor you! It's bad enough just having ONE of those problems, let alone all of them put together! Hang in there!