Thursday, May 20, 2010

I swear...

I swear to never say anything to a pregnant woman again other than:
"you look great"
period.
end of post
well almost....
I thought I would take a moment to record the funny things people have said to me during this pregnancy.

This past March I was on the gondola at Snowbasin with Master. At this point I am a good 7.5 months pregnant. I've got my snow parka on. This lady on the Gondola asks Master how many brothers and sisters he has. Master refuses to answer her, so I answer for him. "He has a younger brother and sister and will have another baby brother here in about 2 months." The lady says, "Oh I didn't think you were pregnant, I just thought you were fat."

About the same time these comments came from some of my offices:
"Oh my gosh you're huge"
"Your belly came through the door before you did"
"Are you pregnant?" no just leftovers from Christmas...

Today I'm at the gas station getting a drink, lady next to me says:
"How far along are you?"
"I've got just under three weeks left"
"I thought so because you look like you're just going to POP"

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Seriously...people are STUPID! And I mean heads full of nothing but ROCKS!!! And I'm pretty sure they literally FLOCK to us! I've heard some real doozies!

Matt said...

I think you should have posted Brody and Katelyn's comments when they were here. Those were funny - ok maybe not to you, but funny.
Keep on enduring. You only have a little longer.

Katherine said...

I can't believe you only have 3 weeks!
It flies by when I only see you once in the nine months :) And for the record - when I saw you pregnant, I thought you were one of the most glamorous pregnant women I've ever seen!

Jenny H said...

You are beautiful. Belly, or no belly.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

What kills me about these comments, is that they are from women who have most likely been pregnant - it's insane!! I love pregnant bellies - always have - and yours is no exception:)

margaret said...

Note to self NEVER make any comment whatsoever regarding a woman being pregnant or not being pregnant. This after I insisted that Joanne's friend just had to be pregnant and would not drop the subject. She replied, "No I am just fat!"

Kelli said...

Did I ever tell you what my own mother told me? When she saw a picture of me outside the hospital about to have a c-section with Abby, she said "Whoa! You were HUUUUGE"! Gee...thanks MOM! :p

You're a hottie and those ladies were just jealous that they couldn't rock the baby belly like you!

Bentleys said...

I hate people, didn't their Moms ever teach them if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all? I also get the "what are you having" and when I say we didn't find out they flip out and go off, um excuse me it's MY baby!