Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Black Hole and reasons to keep a history.

Sorry no pictures to go with this one. I have embarked on this project of better organizing my photos on my computer and scanning in the photos I don't have digital copies of. (ok...I'm paying my niece to do the scanning)...anyway... I have discovered a black hole in my life from October of 2005 through Pie's birth in February. I have zero photos from that time period. Now if the black hole were say March, April, May and nothing exciting was happening I could understand, but Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Sport's birthday in January...nada..zip..zilch. I went to pull out my family calendar from 2005 to see if I could jog a memory as to what we did that year for the holidays. 2005 is the only calender missing from the stack. ok kinda weird. It's making me a little crazy that I can't remember anything from that time period. They say we forget more than we remember and it is sooo true. There is a reason we are counseled to keep journals and histories of ourselves and our families. Thank you blogger, so for it's the only journal I've actually been able to keep on a regular basis.

1 comment:

only_human said...

well, there's a huge gap in my pics there too (but i wasn't really into taking many pics at that point either...) i'll check with my mom and see if we have evidence of them being over during that time, if they were, chances are there's a shot or 2 of them...