Friday, December 5, 2008

Why I NEED a COKE


I'm talking fully leaded.. Not diet, not caffeine free...the real thing! I am trying to give the stuff up but tonight I am a bit overwhelmed. I don't think I am the busiest person around. In fact far from it. There are so many ways I could be more productive and efficient and get more done. Tonight I was over-come by the list of to-dos and it's far easier on a Thursday evening to sit and watch an hour of Grey's Anatomy. So here is my list..maybe if I blog about it, it will release the brain cramp it's giving me.
Make cake for work Christmas party tomorrow. Take extra diapering supplies for Rems to the school. Spend all of friday for work in North Ogden when I problably should also be attending an implant seminar in SLC and really would just like to be home. Finish work, go to mall do returns and buy gifts for Sub for Santa for Work party. Buy and cut squares to make quilt for work associate, and have everyone sign the squares at tomorrow nights party. Find sitter for kids during the party. Print out Baptism programs for Saturday but change the program to make room for one more additional child to be baptised. Buy additional jumpsuit for baptism canidate (our primary needed one more anyway) drop off jumpsuit. After baptims make fruit dip to take to neighbors after baptism brunch. Rush kids to Cam's basketball game. Attend cousins open house. Decorate my house. Prepare for Sunday Sharing time. Make holiday breads for teacher appreciation as well as tags and bows for 54 breads. Make it to church on time with kids (by myself - Brian is traveling) Print and prepare programs for Priesthood Preview which is Sunday evening. I was going to do a big Turkey dinner this Sunday, but it might have to wait. I know I am forgetting something. Oh ya exercise Fri and Sat min 40 minutes. remember to shower, dress, brush teeth, the usuals!

11 comments:

Steph said...

You are BUSY!!! But I'm tellinh you give up the coke and sitch to ZIP-FIZ!!! All that B12 and B6!!!

amysue said...

i feel your pain sister!!!

Ang said...

Oh, my! That is quite the list!!!

Jenny H said...

I always have a couple full calorie pepsis available in the fridge for such crisis-and I think watching Greys is a mandatory commitment on Thursdays.
Can I please help? I can make tags and bows. I have some time tomorrow afternoon and can help get it done by Sunday. Not sure i'd be great at the bread part. Please hand some off, I need to help.

Katherine said...

Mel - I love your friend "Jenny H" for offering to help! I wish I weren't 400 miles away and I would offer to go get the coke :)

All I can say is that you should have taken Brian up on the offer to go with him. Just think - you could have said "I'm going to be out of town" to half that list and you and I would be hitting Cheesecake Factory for lunch today with pedicures or something pampering to follow. Hate to throw guilt onto that list - but you made the wrong choice.

Love ya!

Posh Ideas said...

Melanie, That is quite a weekend. Just when we wipe a few chaotic days like that off the calendar we look up and see more coming. Life is just plain busy. Get a coke and enjoy it to the last drop I love my Diet Coke. Good luck!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Yes, you do need the "real" thing - you have to be able to keep up with your crazy life! Good luck and we will see you tomorrow at one your busy things:)

Katy said...

Well that sounds pretty crazy and Brain is out of town too? I am so sorry...good luck...you'll need it

Kelli said...

O.K. I NEED Coke's for a lot less reasons than that-mostly just because I'm awake...Hang in there you'll get it all done!

Mark and Jana said...

You are the wonder woman! I don't know how you do it all.

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

everyone needs a coke or two, or three during christmas time. for some reason it hits the spot. I remember last year this time I was 6 months prego and trying not to drink caffeine.. that didn't last when I saw santa on a billboard drinking a coke.. i HAD to have one.