Saturday, December 6, 2008

Weak Things Become Strong - 5 for 5 (tag?)

Ether 12:27 This had been on my mind lately. When it was referenced in the talk below by Elder Worthlin it got me thinking again. Perception is an interesting thing. I'm not sure if it's a strength or a weakness but when I am perceiving others I am continuously looking at their strengths. I know the saying goes, "We compare our weakness to other's strengths." That's not what I'm talking about. I know I have strengths and weaknesses. I believe every person you interact with can somehow enrich, strengthen, or help improve/influence your life. Sometimes when I get reading lots of Blogs, or even just interacting with people I think, 'they do that well, and I need to be better at this or that. Or, 'they look so cute, I need to seriously work on my fashion.' Or, I should have taken my time with my hair this morning, they have great hair. They are SO spiritually further ahead of me! All I have to do is think of certain friends and I instantly want to be a better mother, teacher, wife, etc. etc. PERSON. Those thoughts at times make me run a little faster or pick up my house, or take a minute and put on some lip-stick. So I think this is a good thing because it makes me want to be better, but sometimes it also can painfully point out where my weaknesses are:
So here is my 5 for 5 (no this is not an Arby's or Subway commercial)
5 Strengths and 5 Weaknesses to become Strengths. I thought it might be interesting to make this a tag and see if anyone responded. These aren't like (top 5) just the first things that pop into your head.

Strengths
1. Overall in general terms, I am a good mom.
2. Overall in general terms, I am a good wife.
3. I fullfill all my church callings.
4. I genuinely care about my clients.
5. I am a good friend (even though I was told earlier this week I am not the easiest person to be friends with :( )

Weakness to become Strong:
1. I am A Queen (not THE queen) of clutter. I occasionally have a serious case of dropsy and it gets to a certain point and then I get all sorts of organized.
2. I am not disciplined. (In any way shape or form)
3. I compare myslef to others too much
4. Sometimes my EDIT button gets turned off and I say too much
5. My voice can be too loud, carry too far and I for sure talk too fast.

2 comments:

Steph said...

As for the strengths, I AGREE! As for the weeknesses not to much!!! You are the greatest!!! Your hair always LOOKS GREAT!

Steph said...

I did this with my young women as part of one of my lessons and they serionsly had a very hard time thinking of good things. Some I finally had to tell them what I thought cause the silence was painful. Sad!