Saturday, September 27, 2008

Someday, I'll understand....

Today was Jackson's funeral. I have never been to a baby funeral. I was dreading and at the same time because of how great this family is I knew it would be beautiful. Both Grandpas spoke as did the dad, my cousin Coby. They were amazing talks. Acouple of things stood out for me...
1.The Grandpa Burton related a story about when he was five he prayed his guts out for a real superman suit. His intentions were good and his heart was pure, but no superman suit appeared at the end of his bed. The same is true for a trial like this. Today we do not understand and we may never understand in this life but he bore testimony in the next we would.
2. When Coby spoke he related an experience of being in the temple a few weeks ago. I thought; am I standing in Holy Places? Am I where the Lord needs me to be?
3. A comment was made to Brian that because we had Remy we were assured a place in the celestial kingdom. NOT! Remy for sure, but not us. I'm sure this man had good intentions but it's not what we believe. I better be working my butt off to get myself and my family to where Remy will be.
This poem was written by a family member and posted on the program.

Bright blue eyes, soft baby skin.
Mom and Dad, don't cry...I'll see you again.
Please don't cry now, and I hope you'll always know.
Though my time with you was short, it was my time to go.
Mom and Dad I love you and my spirit is alive.
And as your journey here continues, I'll be with you by your side.
Please believe in angels and know that I am yours.
I have a mission that is greater than what was planned out on this course.
Mom and Dad I love you and please know that I'm here.
On those quiet summer days when the air is crisp and clear.
Listen for me, hear me, and you'll feel my spirit by your side,
And always remember that I'm very much alive.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

How heart wrenching. I am so grateful that they have the gospel for strength during this time. I can't imagine their pain, but it seems that without the understanding of the Plan of Salvation their pain would be insurmountable.

Jenny H said...

Thank you for reminding me of my blessings as I sit here and look at my blue eyed, blonde boy.
My heart is so full.

Natalie Winquist said...

What a gorgeous baby boy Jackson was! Again- my hurt aches for their family. So thankful for the Plan of Salvation that allows them and us to be reunited again. Thanks for sharing the beautiful poem!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

I love reading your Blog! It is so uplifting and motivating! How cute was that little precious boy!!? This post turned me into a little cry baby! It is so touching! I love the poem at the end! So glad we have the knowledge of that we do so we know we can be with our families again!