Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just Breathe

When I was told Remy had Down Syndrome I was 18 weeks pregnant, I remember vividly everything about that day. I remember in the subsequent days that taking a deep breath actually hurt my heart. It was a physical pain to actually breathe.
Last night my darling cousin and his wife lost their baby. He was just over a year old and he drowned in a small pond in their backyard. I can not think of the words for that type of grief.
I spoke with a parent this evening that lost a child 16 years ago and I asked how they got through it and his response was, " a minute at a time" My heart and prayers are with this young family. I love you Rich clan!

2 comments:

Natalie Winquist said...

My heart has ached for them ever since you told me this last night! So incredibly sad! I'm sorry! Our thoughts & prayers are with them! Like you said- it's every parent's biggest fear. I hope that they find the comfort that the Spirit can bring them in times when we need it the most!

Jenny H said...

I was told the day after Valentines' Day Deak would die.
It was a blizzard and miserable.
It took us 1 1/2 hours to get home from the hospital...all silent.
I clearly remember having to remind myself to breathe - there was no motivation to.
I am so sorry for your cousin's loss. I can't imagine. Their family is in my every thought today.