Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day

This crash site is 8 miles west of our cabin.  It was a plane returning 37 servicemen from the Korean War.  Soldiers on their way home that never made it there.  No one survived the crash of C46.  I didn't think about it until we headed out but it was a cool thing to do on "memorial day".  I am so grateful to those that have paved the way before me.  The ride was mostly dry for the ATV's but in a couple of spots we hit snow drifts.  I happened to be lead driver and was of course first to get stuck.  Lucky for help was close by.  As we came through one by one waiting for everyone to clear the spot, I thought life is like this, there are tricky spots for everyone.  How great it is and how much easier it is when we help each other out.  As we all cleared a particular challenge I couldn't help but feel a WOOT WOOT surge of happy.

No comments: