Thursday, May 30, 2013

First Half


Cross it off the bucket list.  This was AWFUL!!!  So AWFUL I might need to do it again.  Two weeks prior to the race I did 11.2 miles and felt great.  No pain anywhere.  I don't claim to be a runner but I've been working out and running on a consistent basis.  I went in expecting a reasonable time.  NOOOOOO.  It rained the ENTIRE time! HARD!  Up to mile 7 I felt great.  I decided pedal to the medal baby.  BAD idea I crossed Pineview Dam and headed down the the canyon.  Did I mention "down"  I was flying.  REAlly bad idea.  The ground evened out again and I felt a huge pain in my knee.  I've never had knee issues in my life.  I tried to suck it up and run through the pain and my body started the domino....groin spasm, then hip pain, then hip flexor pain so bad I wanted to stop.  By mile 10 I could barely walk.  And the rain.  I crossed that finish line so cold my teeth were chattering.  Swearing NEVER AGAIN.  I can't stop thinking about how I will do the next one better.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

WooHoo!
Way to go. I too have found that I can run up to 10, even 11 or 12 miles and feel great. For some reason the half marathon kills me - although for me I get terrible flu like symptoms. It has happened three times so I am done "trying again". But proud of you for keeping going - not surprised one bit since I have never seen you give up on ANYTHING you started!