Friday, May 31, 2013

30 seconds of normal

Last night I was working in the yard.  Sport, Dennis and the neighbor who is 12 were jumping they were calling each other "butt"names and laughing their heads off.  At one point the neighbor called Noah a "retard butt" Remy was laughing so hard I couldn't bring myself to correct the situation.
Today I was late getting to the school to help Sport ride his bike home.  I had the car AND Noah AND obviously couldn't drive and help with the bike thing.  I asked Master to help him get through the intersection and I was pretty sure he could do the rest of it himself.
And he did...
 I watched my not so normal little boy doing what All the rest of the kids were doing
By himself
And we had 30 seconds of normal.
To say I wouldn't change a thing about Rems just is not true.
If a Genie appeared out of a lamp I would wish away his extra chromosome and have that Genie give him a healthy new colon.
I would wish it without even thinking.
Not for my sake but for his.
(I think)
It's that last part where I get confused sometimes.
Even though I would change it
and I would love to take away the pain,
 give him all the "normal"opportunities this life holds
He gets different opportunities 
and sometimes different is pretty cool.
I love him completely just the way he is.


No comments: