Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Count your blessings

If I had anything to say about the picking of my siblings; I picked well, I picked very well.
My two brothers and my sister have always been there for me.  I can think of some very tough moments in life and they have ALWAYS been there.  My Dad didn't have anything prepared for this death.  And dying means taking care of a lot of business.  From where to be buried and what to be buried in etc. etc.  The week before he died when I was up at the emergency room with him and the doctor was asking me all the specifics of his DNR.  CPR? Chest tube? Breathing tube? life support? for how long? ?? I didn't know! Within one phone call my sister was talking me through it.  Within an hour Mark was by my side and Matt was ready to take over the next day.  We have been through thick and thin together and I am so blessed to have their love and support in my life.
 




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Melanie - you're the best sister and friend any girl could ask for. I am so grateful for each of my amazing sibs. I failed to mention during my comments how grateful I was for each of you taking such good, loving care of Dad in his final weeks. And for being so strong in helping me let go of my caretaker role so I could survive all the other changes that were happening in my life. I love you all so much!!!