Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hair mom for hire

I have never claimed to be a 'hair mom' Princess Pie is lucky to get it brushed with an occasional flower or bow.  If we get daring we do pig tails and pray the part is straight.  After getting this email today I might need to hire a hair mom. (The name of Pie's dance team is Tiny Company)

Dear Tinys;

Attached is your competition hair style.  You will be doing a poof bang and the rest is curly.

To do the bangs, you would section out a one- two inch wide and deep section of her bangs.  Then you hold the whole section up and rat the back side of the section.  Rat is fairly heavy so that it stands up.  Then, pull it all back and smooth the front over the ratted area .  Bobby pin it from both sides so that it will not come out. Hair spray heavily so that it stays all day.

To do the curls, take each section and spray with hair spray.  Then, curl each section.  Make sure you spray the whole head when you are finished with a strong hold spray so that it lasts all day.
The curls I can handle.  It's the poof bang that is going to be interesting.

4 comments:

Jenny H said...

I so feel your pain.
And, for the record...I probably couldn't even do the curls. I always make one of my sister's do Abby's hair.
I am not a very good cheer mom.

Katherine said...

Sounds like you have a learning curve to overcome. If I could do it all over again, I would have been a hair mom from day one of my daughters life. I let it slide way too often and now that she is "in charge of her hair" she looks like a street urchin most days. I love her, but I do long for the curls!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Ugh!! I would die if I got an email like that - never have been good at the whole hair deco!! Just call Brook Painter - her girls are always decked to the max with their hair!!

Sarah L. said...

Call me old-timey, but shouldn't ratting have an age restriction, like dating or voting?

Still, I bet she'll be adorable. Good luck.