Saturday, November 6, 2010

Turkey Tri 2010

I shaved 2 minutes off my time. I was hoping to shave 10 minutes. HA. That's what happens when I haven't been swimming since July and I couldn't run because of a groin injury. Oh and I put clips on my bike for the first time a week ago. THE GOOD news is I felt great before during and after. This past Monday I played co-ed soccer with my husband. I humiliated myself (although I did score one goal with my boob). This whole week I've been thinking in my head that I'm a fool and I'm kidding myself and everyone else that I'm any kind of athlete. My husbands sage words of advice last night were, "just enjoy it for what it is. ". AND THAT is what I did. The truth is I don't have oodles of time to train to be a decent athlete at this point in my life. I do the best I can. And I am sooo grateful to have a body to do it with. BiG shout out to Tiff, Summer, Amy and Jeff. AND huge shout out to Liz she took first in our division and 6th over all.

Ps - To Indy: I missed you babe!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: