Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hulk-ing Out = Meanest Mom EVER!

Hulk-ing Out!
Do you know the Incredible Hulk?  My friend and hair-dresser Jessica coined the phrase for me "hulking-out" it's what you do when your kids have pushed you over the edge.  Hopefully I don't look as scary as the above picture and typically I am not a yeller, but hulking -out can even be done in quiet tones, there is usually a loud screaming going on in your head and steam coming out your ears.  Long story short since posting 11 days ago about the 'best of both worlds' I found this re-newed drive to be the best I could be at both of my major jobs (mommy and fsc (field sales consultant)).  Why I chose to drive this new drive of determination while my husband would be traveling every week, makes me think I am slightly crazy.  In the last 11 days the majority of them I have felt like 'THE crazy lady'.  This is Indy's busy time of year for travel.  He has been gone anywhere from 2 to 4 days each week.  Monday after work I drove from Dance to Soccer back to Dance to Karate back to Soccer back home back to Soccer to McDonalds and back to Soccer.  Bubba does not do well with lots of car time.  Princess Pie has a habit of deciding she needs to potty at the very moment I sit down to watch the soccer game....and there are no potties at the field where we play. UGUG.  Our Ward  was split last Sunday and we were told if our ward name did not change our calling stayed the same.  I called the new RS pres today to see which Sunday she wanted me to teach. Turns out new RS does not 'desire' me. She kind of released me because she thought I was already released. Whatever.... Bummer, I really liked that calling. I keep telling myself I am not attached to my ward, and the church is true, so it doesn't matter who you go to church with. But in my heart of hearts I am already missing my old ward.  I made it home from work today in time to be the taxi for the after-school activities.  It did not go well... In fact you may see my kids posted in the yard with a FOR SALE sign across their foreheads, just know their mother really does love them, but their father has been traveling and their mother is trying very hard to not HULK out on them. I prayed for strength but alas I did HULK out on Cambridge this afternoon. I did remain outwardly calm the rest of the evening, even when my daughter informed me I am the, Meanest Mom Ever!!!! ...and the baby screamed his guts out between karate and soccer. After fighting through homework and dinner I got them tucked into bed.  Clearly at the end of my rope  I asked them to do 'gratefuls'.  They each said they were grateful for me.  Even Sport, who is usually only grateful for butter, said 'mom'.  Hark the day was not a total loss.  As sweet Sport said our family prayers the tears started to gather in my eyes as I remembered what is really important at the end of the day.

4 comments:

Jenny H said...

I am laughing out loud at the butter comment.
But...the gratefuls are what is important. Hulk outs can be useful, and you are very desirable.:)

Kim said...

Mel, I, too laughed out loud as I read this post...because it was ME this morning, and truthfully, I think I DID look like your hulk picture (at least to my husband and kids!) AWFUL AWFUL! Thanks for bringing me back to reality. I'm going to pray even harder to be calmer. Love you and your adorable blog!

amysue said...

oh the joys of being a mommy!!!

Singled Out said...

WOW! I know I am supposed to want to be a mom and stuff, but seriously?!?!?! Better you than me, my overachiever cousin who I love. Your kids are funny! I love that Remi is grateful for butter. Ohhhhh, the simple things in life.