Monday, June 7, 2010

Little Miss Grumpy Pants

To be honest I don't know if this describes me or Princess Pie today, but probably both. I reserve the right to stay home from Church the Sunday before I deliver. I just am not in the mood. Call that mood hormones, sleep deprivation or all of the above. Nights are the WORST! I lay down and have burning reflux. I finally get the reflux to go away and I get charlie horses in my legs, which then I have to leap (ok really there is no leaping) but get up as fast as I can to put pressure on the muscle. I lay down again and to roll any direction in bed feels like someone is kicking me in the stomach and groin. WAwawawa. I know. I woke up especially grumpy today. I thought missing church would mean a nice relaxing Sunday. WRONG! Turns out church as a 3 hour distraction is a good thing. Bless those primary teachers for taking my kids! After a short blessed nap Pie and I sat down to play Hello Kitty bingo. She was being a stinker about it even though she was winning. After abandoning the game she wanted to come with me to pick up some baby gear from a friend. The whole way there all she did was complain about being hungry and wanting to get a donut. The whole way home she argued with me about why we couldn't go swimming today. Finally I told her we were done talking. I turned on some church music and she says,
"Mom that music is not going to help me get happy."
"Pie that music is to calm my nerves so I don't HULK out on you"
Silence
Tonight as I was putting her in bed, of her own free will and choice she said,
"Mom I'm sorry I argued with you in the car today"
"Me to Princess"
Love that girl!

3 comments:

The White House said...

hey you,
I wish we were coming this summer but tickets are just way to expensive. And i am not about to drive it. Maybe next summer. You should be having that baby any day right. I cant wait to see him. I hope you start feeling better, we miss you guys.

The White House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

GOTTA LOVE those little girls!!!