Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Witch with a 'B'

I've never used my blog as a confessional but I may need to tonight. This morning started with a pretty intense round of morning sickness but by some small miracle I was able to pull it together by noon to head to the Utah football game. At half time I headed down to get Hot Chocolate with Master and Princess. The line was forever long. I get a little claustrophobic in tight spaces of masses of people and I have little patience for people who butt in line or cheat the system. When in line for about 15 minutes, this guy jumps in front of us and starts talking to the girl that is standing there. They chit chat and then he just stands there. OK we are no where near the front of the line, my kids are being good so I let it slide. Side note, I have never picked a fight in public with a stranger, and even in a public setting, if someone is being obnoxious I keep my mouth shut. Another 15 minutes in line (not kidding). We finally get to the front of the line, we are next to order. Butt in line boy has ordered and left. Girl who let him butt in line is ordering when this other girl appears out of no where says to her, "HI Girl how are you?" The new LINE BUTTER Turns to the chocolate/ coffee lady and orders two coffees and then has to hem and haw about whether she wants cream or sugar and doesn't know if her friend wants cream or sugar. She then proceeds to try and call her friend and can't remember her number. This rude idiot line butter chick is still standing there trying to remember the number when I am asked for my order. I collect my change and turn to the rude line butter chick, who is still hemming and hawing about cream and sugar and I say very loud, "YOU ARE A _ITCH, you butt in line in front of all of these people and it was extremely RUDE!!!!" She just stared at me, I took my hot chocolate and left. I then hear a little voice say, "Mom what did you call that lady?" OH SNAPPER! I completely forgot I had little ears listening. I quickly responded to my son, "A Witch, I called her a Witch because she butt in line in front of a lot of people who were waiting patiently for their turn." I have NEVER called anyone to their face the B word ever.....Let's just blame in on the pregnancy hormones. If I could re-do that scene, I would still call her a rude Witch with a 'w' and I would have ever so politely suggested, she apologize to EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN LINE!

ok I feel better now,
thanks
sleep tight

9 comments:

Steph said...

Ahhh Mel sometimes saying the REAL word just makes you feel better!!! I have to admit I would have said something before that! You are more patient than me!

Jenny H said...

I use my blog as confessional all the time...it's cheaper than therapy.
I wish I could've been there:) I hate that blasted hot chocolate line. It is always the worst.

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

That is hilarious! Good for you! I hate that too.

Tiffany said...

That seriously MADE my day! Mel....you are my HERO! Thank you for doing what NO ONE else would be balsy enough to do themselves! Everyone else would be wishing they could have done that...and you did!!! Very funny! I just LOVE you!

The White House said...

You crack me up, It was definitely the prego hormones it makes you do all kinds of crazy things.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

That made me laugh SO hard!!! Sorry you had to deal with that - ugh to butters!!!

Kelli said...

You are a crack up and honestly I'm a bit shocked but oh so proud! People are so inconsiderate and it's awesome that you called her on it. Those pregnancy hormones can make you do some STUFF! When I was prego with Ethan I got into it with a co-worker who totally dissed me, it nearly came to fistocuffs! But maybe in the future you should make Indy go get the hot chocolate with the kids. We don't need you dukeing it out with the line-butters!

Andrea said...

I say good for you! Those Utah butters are the worst and so inconsiderate. I think you are hilarious!

Katy said...

Mel -- Congratulations! I didn't know you were pregnant. Very exciting! PS -- this is Bonzell -- I don't know how to get Katy off!