Monday, March 9, 2015

When did they get so big?

Traveling with 2 of your 4 seems like it should be so easy.  Except these 2 love to tease and torment each other.  Sometimes when they snuggle up next to me or try to sit on my lap (In Cam's case squish me)  I wonder how they got so big so fast.  It literally seems like a minute ago they were babies.
I so wish my sister lived closer, I am so grateful to be able to visit.  Siblings are important, Cousins are important, maintaining and strengthening those relationships is something I value.  I do marvel as I age how the differences between my siblings and I are very apparent, yet some things also remain constant.  You all grow up in the same household and you think you will remain the same people, but you don't.  Once we leave the nest we very much become shaped by the new people and the new relationships in our lives.  Every time I'm around family I am reminded of a couple of things 1) it is good to belly laugh!  These people have the inside track on you it's just good plain fun. 2) The more people that come into the picture be that kids or spouses the more change is introduced and thus requires a greater amount of patience, understanding, and love.

No comments: