Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring 2014

HOLY CoW I'm so behind on this blog thing.  Trying to figure out the fastest way to update.  I actually have time to write for a second…pictures to follow.
Spring has come early to Utah.  Literally by mid February the warming trend started.  Its March 13th today.  I 'm sitting on my porch with the sun beating down on my face (and computer) and it feels so good.  I can hear and see the kids playing.  I can hear the stream.  I can hear the kids across the creek playing basketball.  I love it.  Spring usually means allergies for me but so far so good.
Cambridge started wrestling.  I am so proud of him for trying something new.  It is one intense sport.  I watch him and all the other kids on our team and my eyes start to water, I want them to win so bad.  It is very different from football.  It is a team deal but also very individualized.  The coach wanted Cam to loose 10 pounds to start the season and he did it.  It took him about a week but he has been awesome about being so careful about what he is eating and making good choices to make sure his body stays at that specific weight class.  I don't want to jinx anything here but something clicked and the other day he asked me if all A's was a 4.0.  That means without me pestering him he is paying attention to his grades and taking responsibility for his own assignments.  That's HUGE for any teenage boy.  I am so proud of him.  He will be set apart this Sunday as Deacons quorum president.  I'm so excited for him to have this leadership experience.  I think it's awesome our church starts giving kids leadership responsibility
Remy:  Honestly Remy has been hard lately.  Daily the poop battle and enema treatment.  I've had to spend a good deal of time at the school.  The kid is refusing to do his work and using potty language because he thinks he is funny.  Even with the downs you can tell his personality is so very different than Cambridge.  Remy finished his basketball season last Saturday with 6 baskets.  The kid was on fire.  He has his last ski lesson tomorrow.  I'm trying to find a good fit for him with Special Olympics.  I would also like to find a swim coach for him.
Zoe: We've started dance comp season and it's gonna get a little hectic.  She was bee-bopping in the car the other day and I slid her a sideway glance, her reply was, "What? Mom when the music flows through me I just have to move."  Zoe is having a struggle with math and reading at school.  It's gonna require some extra time and work, but we will get her where she needs to be.
Noah has found a new BFF and it has made my life much easier.  I have never seen two kids play together so well day in and day out.  They can spend literally from 8:30 to 5:30 together and then cry when one of them has to go home.  The great part is they PLAY.  Occasionally for like 5 minutes they will stop and watch a show.  These two have tons of imagination and are always up to something.
Me: I've been 'retired' now a year and I have NO idea how I managed to work before. I am the stay at home mom that is not home. I feel like I run my butt off all day. I literally thought by the time I hit a year I would for sure maybe start to get bored.  NOPE!  The downer is that since I don't have a nanny at home while I'm out working and being productive I don't feel like I get the same amount of stuff done in 24 hours.  Which being me, that makes me feel less awesome.  Dumb I know.  I miss the people I worked with and I miss the validation, but I also know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be and I am grateful for that.  My current calling is primary chorister.  I remember when I was young and my dad told me to not sing because I couldn't hold pitch.  Let's just say I didn't get this calling for my musical ability.  I LOVE these kids and I love I am teaching them the gospel through music.  When they sing their guts out the holy spirit is so strong you can almost touch it.
Brian: Brian is working his booty off.  Between work, travel, re-furbing his mom's house, and helping me around our house he is a busy man. He exercises like he is still in his 20's and kicks my bum out of bed on a regular basis at 5:15 to go to the gym.  I think I go to the gym just so I can keep eating ALL the food I love.


No comments: