Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My un-fabulous mom moment

I had 3 extra girls over here after work yesterday.  I was taking care of Bubba and trying to fix dinner at the same time.  All 5 (Sport and Pie included) wanted to watch different movies. I said pick a number between 1 and 10 and the closest gets to choose.  Pie won.  The 3 other girls didn't like that and promptly started whining.  Do you know what slipped out of my mouth?   "If you don't like it then go home".  Oooh did I seriously just say that?  Who is supposed to be the mature one here?  I was about to send them home anyway. I'll do better next time.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with that response.
The one that makes me crazy is when other peoples kids say "I'm bored" when they are at my house. If my house is so boring, why did you ring my doorbell?
I think we have some good material for our next book...

Matt said...

At least you didn't swear at them, or yell. :-) A little hearing of the word 'no' is a healthy thing.

The Rich's said...

Sometimes I do the same thing when Sam and her friends aren't agreeing on something. I just tell them that if they can't play nice then play time is over. Sometimes it is a relief when the friends go home, to be totally honest!

Andrea said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have said that many times. I think there gets to be a point when having kids over to "play" becomes more like babysitting.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Been there, SAID that:)

Jenny H said...

I call that responsible parenting.